SHARE
COPY LINK

CRIME

Swiss coach made covert videos of 80 primary school children in changing rooms

The 21-year-old football coach secretly filmed children from at least five primary schools between November 2017 and December 2018 at a swimming pool in the canton of Lucerne.

Swiss coach made covert videos of 80 primary school children in changing rooms
Photo: Grigorenko/Depositphotos

The man, who has been arrested, used his mobile phone to film children in the changing rooms, the pool and the showers in public swimming pools in Horw and in Mooshüsli near the town of Emmen.

Children from five primary schools in the region have been identified in the videos, according to a report (DE) by regional daily Luzerner Zeitung. Simon Kopp, a spokesman for the Lucerne public prosecutor's office, reportedly confirmed the findings of the daily's investigation. 

The man was arrested after taking pictures in a pool in Emmen with his cell phone hidden. The device positioned by him was discovered by a pool user and handed over to the cashier at a public swimming pool in Emmen, in the district of Hochdorf in the canton of Lucerne. The 21-year-old suspect, a football coach, was arrested and later confessed to having made the videos, according to the public prosecutor's spokesman.

READ ALSO: 75-year-old woman who killed seven-year-old boy in Basel did not know victim

The accused was removed from his position and banned from participating in any sport-related activity in the region. 

The public prosecutor has ruled out the possibility of any sexual assault. The authorities have also ascertained that the videos were not shared online, according to the daily. Because of the low resolution of the videos, the authorities are still trying to identify many of the children concerned. 

The parents of the affected children were informed this week, reports Berner Zeitung. According to that daily, the man had installed several hidden cameras in the changing rooms. The investigation is ongoing. 

READ MORE: Switzerland to impose lifetime ban for paedophiles on working with children

 

 

 

 

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.

CRIME

Swiss woman indicted over ‘jihadist knife attack’ in department store

Swiss prosecutors said Wednesday they had indicted a woman for attempted murder on behalf of the Islamic State (IS) group over a brutal knife attack in November 2020.

Swiss woman indicted over 'jihadist knife attack' in department store

The 29-year-old unnamed woman allegedly attacked two women in a department store in the southern city of Lugano.

She has been charged with attempted murder and violating laws against association with Al-Qaeda, IS and related groups, according to the indictment.

She was also charged with unlawful prostitution.

EXPLAINED: Does Switzerland face a threat from terrorism?

The attorney general’s office said the indictment related to a “jihadist knife attack” and the alleged assailant, a Swiss citizen, “intended to kill her victims and to commit a terrorist act on behalf of IS.”

“The suspect acted wilfully and with particular ruthlessness. She brutally attacked her randomly-selected victims with a knife, with the aim of killing them and thereby spreading terror throughout the population on behalf of the ‘Islamic State’,” it said.

One of the two victims sustained serious neck injuries while the second victim, with help from others at the scene, managed to overpower her attacker and hold her until police arrived.

The attacker was arrested and detained. Police quickly discovered she had been linked to a 2017 jihadism investigation.

The woman had formed a relationship on social media with a jihadist fighter in Syria and attempted to travel to the war-torn country to meet him, police alleged at the time.

She was stopped by Turkish authorities at the Syrian border and sent back to Switzerland, they said, adding that the woman had suffered from mental health problems and been admitted to a psychiatric clinic.

SHOW COMMENTS