1. Kotzerleichterung – the moment of extreme relief that comes after barfing.
File photo: DPA
2. Kassegehemmt – feeling self-conscious at the cash register of a supermarket and having the impression everyone is judging you based on your groceries.
3. Verenglischen – to answer in English when a foreigner is trying to speak to you in your native language.
Footballer Franco de Santo. File photo: DPA
4. Gerucherinnerung – a memory triggered by a smell.
An olfactory expert smells a car part. File photo: DPA
5. Busschwarzesloch – the part of a bus or train that is inexplicably empty, even when all the rest is packed as hell.
File photo. DPA
6. Haartalk – The awkward conversation you have with your hairdresser.
File Photo: DPA
7. Handlosfahrthass – jealous hatred towards people who can ride their bicycles without hands.
Photo: WIkipedia Commons
8. Erdnussbutterstickung – the illusory sense of suffocation experienced the first time you try peanut butter.
Photo: Wikipedia Commons
9. Gleicherichtungsverlegenheit – the awkwardness felt after parting from an acquaintance and realizing you're actually walking in the same direction.
10. Trojanischespartypferden – waiting for someone to leave the party so you can leave with them.
See also: How to use German to express our weirdest fears